Monday, January 21, 2013

This is Africa

I forgot my carry on in the airport. I put it down to grab the other bags and put them on the trolley as Megan exchanged our money. That night once we got to our house I realized it was not around. I called our taxi driver and asked him if we left it in the car. He stopped and looked...it was not there. The next day I called the airport asking them if they had found it. No they did not and really did not understand what I was talking about. Only thing left to do was go and look for it myself. So we call up our taxi driver John and we go back to the airport to find it. I go into the security office, they check me in and then go to baggage claim to ask for help. After talking to the guy and looking at all of the KSL 'yet to be picked up bags' it was no where to be found. The man helping me said I could look around so you know how your mom teaches you, look first where you last had it. So that I did and it was RIGHT THERE! Right under the stair case...2 days later right where I left it. The worker asked me do you believe in luck? because you sure a lucky one! It was a blessing that is for sure! Only in Africa.
As we were leaving the airport which is kind of in the middle of no where. Down this log road with a ton of pot holes in it, Juhn (john) our diver stopped the car right in an area that says "NO STOPPING ALLOWED" and opened his door and said look there is a giraffe. No freaking way. There is NO way there can be a giraffe just chilling right there (as in right there it was out in the distance). And yes there were. Not only one but three. Oh my. I died. A giraffe in the wild. Just chilling in the field by the airport, shoot we were not even out of the check point for the airport. Best thing ever. Only in Africa would this ever happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment