Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ilove

I am going to be back to California soon. Dare I say home. Kenya is my home. Thika is my home. Approved is my matatu stop. Thika Children's Rescue Center is my home.  
Everyone in Town knows Megan and I when we go our separate ways in town to divide and concur everyone asks us where the other one is. I honestly cannot imagine life any different. 
I love being the only white person for miles. I love that everyone just wants to be my friend. I love that children get so excited when I come walking down the street. They always yell, "Mzungo, how are you?" I love that all the boys think I eat snake. I love teaching. I love the way we have to squish on matatus. I love the rains. I love the thunder and lightening. I love having to wake up at 6:30 am to make it to church by 9 am. I love the way I communicate with the boys. I love playing football with 50 orphans when ever I want. Most of all I love the fact that I get to wake up every morning to a whole bunch of little faces that just want to love me, be around me, and help me with what ever I am doing. 
Megan and I both have begged our mom to let us say a little bit longer. But, in all honestly I do not think it will happen. Megan has to go back to school and finish up her last semester and I have to you know...do my thing...what ever that maybe. Mom says that we can come back when ever we want. I already want to come back the second I get home. It boggles my mind that in a little over two weeks(yes I said it) I will be on an airplane back to California. I do not want it to happen. Neither does anyone else in Kenya. Every day we get asked if we could stay a little longer...maybe even forever. Oh yes I would LOVE that! But, not this time around. Maybe one day! I have to have faith that the Man up stairs has bigger and better plans for me right now. Till then, God be with you till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment