Monday, May 7, 2012

I am a child of God

Today in church we talked about praying and being prayed for. It reminded me of that one time I was in Kenya. Boy oh boy was I really bad a praying there. No excuses. I just would always fall asleep before they would get said. Then I remembered that before the TV got fixed that every night the boys would sing songs as LOUD as they could then break out into prayer and they would all be in Swahili and of course I would not understand a word they were saying. But, I knew that our Heavenly Father knew everything they were saying. The boys would just talk and talk and talkkk about there days. Some of them would really get into it and have tears coming out of there eyes. These boys really believe in God, they have some religion base in there life. Anyways, after they were done praying Megan and I would get up and teach them girls camp songs. They LOVED girls camp songs. Then after that Megan would read books while Bernard translated.
One night we finished reading early and Job (he was in charge of the boys at night) asked us to sing calm songs with the boys. Both Megan and I looked at each other and we were like lets sing "I am a Child of God". So we get up there and sit down and start singing the song and tears fill my eyes while I look down upon the boys and there smiles on there faces just looking up at Megan and I. Right then I realized how precious each and every single one of those boys were to our Father in Heaven and how much he loves us all. Those boys are the BEST boys ever. I would never trade my experiences with them for anything. I am glad that I had the chance to love them as much as I could while I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment