Monday, May 14, 2012

Utah

The day I got home from Kenya Kerianna asked me if I would go to Utah with her. 
OF COURSE I will. I had not seen my cousins in like 4 plus months. That is a long time for me! We got there on Thursday night and just had dinner and hung out. 
On friday we kicked the day off with visiting Sister Hamilton. I LOVE this lady. We talked about the goods. Aka boys, Africa, school and so much more. After we went shopping and out to eat. It was just a super chill day.
On Saturday we dropped by Elder Parker Millers home. He just served in my singles ward and we brought him his guitars and amp. It was fun hearing his dad tell us stories about him when he was younger. I am sure he was mortified. 
That night we went to visit our elder in Kenya's family. They were SO SO great. The dinner was the funniest thing I have ever been to. He is a blessed soul for being able to have such loving parents. 
This is Robert Garbett. He also just came home from his mission. He was with his family for less then 24 hours when he made a choice to come play with my family for the weekend. Who knows why he did but all I know is that it was fun and I am sure he thinks we are CRAZY.
Elder Jesse Wynn also just got home. So I went with Sarah to his homecoming talk. It was GREAT.
On the way to Utah we picked up Addies boyfriend, Danial at a random gas station in Reno. He is so nice.
Dear parents you might not want to read this. At the same gas station that we picked up Danial we picked up these 2 wonderful souls and there 2 dogs. They are going all over the states by hopping on trains. They have been doing this for a year. Now they are on there way to Montana (I think) to settle down. She (Rexy, 21) grew up as a member of the church. I feel like she still has a great love for it. And he (Joe, I think 34) is from Virginia. We let her call her mom for Mothers day. 
We were an answer to her mothers prayers. I am sure of it. We were suppose to get into Reno 3 hours before we did. But, because the van kept on over heating for some odd reason we could not go as fast as we wanted to and had to take breaks to let the van cool down before we could go on. But the second we left the gas station with them in the car, no more problems with the van. Call us crazy. But it was meant to happen. They were so very nice. If I see them again I would totally help them out. We dropped them off in Auburn where they will catch another train to another fun adventure that lies in front of them. 
This trip to Utah was so great I loved it and wish I lived closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment