Sunday, April 21, 2013

four hours

I have been home for four hours now. I miss Kenya like crazy. I mostly miss the boys at TCRC. I was living a life most people only dream of. But it was not a dream. It was real life...but, now it just feels like the last three and a half months have been a dream. I hate it. I think I am most scared that I will forget. This might sound dumb. But it is the truth.
I am scared I am going to forget why I love Kenya oh so very much. I am scared I am going to forget the boys laughs. What makes them happy. What makes them sad. What they love to do. What their struggles are. I am scared that I am going to forget the language. I am scared that some other LAME volunteer is going to come into the boys lives and they are going to fall in love with them and forget me. I am scared that one of them is going to get hurt and nobody will be there to give them a hug and tell them they will be okay. I am scared that Stephen is going to come into the the dorms at night again and beat the boys and Megan and I will not be there to protect them while the other runs to get the other staff members (go to megans blog to read that story) 
But, I have to remember that they did fine with out me there before and that they will do okay with out me there again. God be with you till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment