Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hey Africa

                                                                               
OH it is lovely here, thank you for asking. For reals though there are not a ton of spiders and bugs, I thought it would have been something like camping with them all over the place but it is not. There is bats that live in the roof though, tonight I was walking back from the dinning hall and 2 bats flew in front of me and for reals scared me half to death and so I ran to the water where a boy was getting a drink and I told him LOOK there is a BAT! and then some dude came up and talked to me. hahaha poor kid I have no idea who he even was..he was probably thinking crazy muzungu. (which means white person)
So right now legit half of the boys or sick or act like they are sick. It is the saddest thing ever I just want to hold the boys so they know everything will be okay. I feel so helpless. When I first got here one of the boys named Abram was like constantly attacking me and by my side all the time and if he wasn't and I walked by him I would receive a nice punch to my arm and running around like a crazy with all the other boys. But today was totally different. I walked by him today and put my hand out to shake his (which I do to all the boys) and he just looked at me like he was about to cry which is so unlike him.
Later I was clipping Buddies nails because one of his nails broke and Abram was laying on the sink right behind me and after I was done I went up to him and asked him if he was okay and if he was sick but all he said was no. So I would point to the different areas of his body like his head, stomach, and throat asking if it hurt and all he said was No. So to me he was okay just having a bad day. So the I just sat by him rubbing his back and telling him a story that I know he would never understand. Eventually he crawled down and layed on the cement in the sun. (when the boys are tired they just pop down ANYWHERE and fall asleep.) Once all the boys left I went to the other side where he was cuz he was sitting on the counter by then and I asked him how he was doing and he just looked at me and I said, 'it looks like someone needs a hug' and I hugged him and when I let go he was bawling. Oh my goodness this kid could have killed me. It was the saddest thing EVER. You know I am a sucker for tears and when I see some who is sick or in pain that is usually fine it kills me even more. He just looked like a weeping willow then another boy came up and said that the on site nurse was asking for him and he needed to go to her. So I gave him another hug and sent him on his way.
I hope he is good by tomorrow. I have to have someone to hang out with because my 3 main squeezes are leaving me for school tomorrow. And Megan had the guts to break it to me that one of my favorites is in the process of being adopted...which also kills me. I have been thinking about it all day long, that these boys are like brothers and all they have is each other and they stick up for each other like crazy if one is being picked on. So if I was in this situation would I want to be taken away from my brothers to have a stable life or remain in the center where all of my brothers are. To me it is a very hard question and I have no idea what the answer would be.

1 comment: