Wednesday, February 8, 2012

life is good.

    
Lets just talk about the day today. It was SO good compared to yesterday, yesterday I was playing with one of the boys, Harrison and his marbles and then another boy garbed my arm and when I moved it I smacked Harrison in the face. After the sorrys and asking him if he was okay, and him not even giving me the time of the day I just walked away. I didn't to have to deal with a kid crying when I knew he was really okay. Then like 10 minutes later one of the older boys with WICKED good English came running up to me and was like you BEAT Harrison and steal his marbles? and I was like wha wha wha wha? ME? NO!!! and he was like then hes a lier? and I was like um I guess if you want to put it that way, so I asked them to take me to him and we sorted things out I found his extra marbles in a sink that he though I stole and now he is attached at my hip again when ever I see him. But being accused of being a theif and being acused of beating is not something I would take lightly because I am sure these kids get beat enough. Lets be 100% right now.
Today started off with a walk to the store to make banana pancakes like the song from Jack Johnson. The pancakes we good. Then Bernard, who is going to basically high school on Monday came to the house and told me he was so bored. I totally do NOT blame the kid. He isn't allowed to go anywhere and really has no friends here and all the boys were in school anyways. So I told Megan and we got cards and thought him some new card games. Lets just say I think he still likes his same ol' AK47. 
After we were finished playing with him get got prepaired for class. Today was class nursure, basically preschool but they don't understand English so its a really hard class to teach, I was really dreading the day...lets be honest. But today's class went SO good. We stared off with the Popsicle or ice as the boys call them. Then sense they have 5 of the 6 new boys in the class they are re-learning the ABC's and how to write numbers. So we painted numbers 1-7 and letters A-F. Then with the extra time they all got a page to paint from a coloring book. It was a success. The boys LOVED it. 
While I was watching a movie with the boys I came up with a BRILLIANT idea to have cheesy potatoes for dinner. So I came home and made them, I was in heaven but Megan doesn't like the cheese so she gave hers to the dog. Next time we feed the elders it will be cheesy potatoes and chicken. (I am SO EXCITED) 
Tonight Megan and I wore fake mustaches to the dining hall to watch TV with the boys. It was EPIC. the boys loved every second of it. they laughed and laughed and laughed. It was the best thing ever. 
This is just a little picture from today, my man Tony. I realllllly love him. 
(and my hair that I really love to)
The Older boys with there Popsicle's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment