Monday, February 13, 2012

Unconditionally Loved

     
When I first got to Kenya I remember thinking why the heck did I do this? 3 months..that is the longest time ever. I have no idea where I fit in. Everyone seems to know what they need to be doing and I just stand here and watch. Why does Megan love this place so much? 

(Steven, Peter Jimmy, and Jack walking me to my house)
NOW I understand. Please take a step into my life. Every day I wake up to boys singing, laughing, yelling, talking, walking around and washing clothes. Every day I wake up to someone needing my help, weather it is because they are hurt, or need help in class, or to be pushed on the swing, or need a friend, or need a good laugh. Every day I wake up to over 50 boys who just want to be my friend, who wants to help me get as dirty as  I can before the day is over. And the best yet EVERY day I wake up with over 50 boys who just love unconditionally, no matter if I get mad and frustrated at them or they get mad at me or frustrated because they do not understand what I am saying. They still want to be my best friend and they forgive and forget so fast. It is the BEST thing that has ever happened to me. Now when I think about going home little tears come to my eyes. How can I leave? What am I going to do when I get back home? Home doesn't even sound like fun. What will be my reason to get up every day? Who will talk to me in Swahili? Who am I suppose to pass the message to the run as fast as I can away so I do not get slugged? 

No comments:

Post a Comment