Sunday, February 5, 2012

I might be in love.

   
I get asked all the time what I love about Africa. The real question is what don't I love? I LOVE the boys. I love the crazy matatu rides. I love walking to landless. I love being called smart(it means pretty here), it makes my day EVERY time. I love the laughs from the boys. I love pushing the boys on the swing. I love playing 'pass it on' with Freddie. I love helping Freddie even though it ends up with me doing everything and his hands under mine. I loved helping Bodi water the plants today. I love being asked if Megan is married. I love being called MoMo or Muzungu where ever I go. I love the fact that I still jump when I get honked at. I love trying to convince the boys I am Black America, but it never works. I love that I get to see Tony EVERY day. and he holds my hand. I love asking the boys if I can pick there nose. I love going to church. I already love the young women. I love playing games with the boys in class. I love love LOVE dancing like a CRAZY for the boys because they just laugh and laugh at me and it just makes me so happy. I love going for walks. I love doing things with the Elders and Dan, they are freaking HILARIOUS! I love shaking hands with the little kids. I LOVE my hair braided, lets be honest it is the BEST thing ever. I love having talks with the kitchen staff. I love that Boss runs from me every time he sees me and then sneak attacks and punches me. there  are so many other things I love. But most of all I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the boys. (By the way I really really really miss my boy Harrison...a LOT)

No comments:

Post a Comment